"Cupcake" Box


This challenge for the Design Team at The Cutting Cafe was right up my alley - packaging! We could choose from various packaging sets (all of them cute!) and I chose the cupcake box. But, I didn't make cupcakes this week because yesterday I did the 2014 Splash! 5k with Colin and Natalie, and spent time visiting with them for the afternoon. And guess what? My grocery store, Ralph's, won't sell single cupcakes! So I couldn't even get one for my prop. Instead, I filled my little box with Hershey's Kisses.

I'll use this box over and over again, I can tell. The cutting file comes with three different cutout window choices for the lid, as well as a solid lid. I used the circle, adding a scalloped circle trim on my own. The other choices were a heart or a frame. In Design Space, you could easily use the solid lid and attach any shape you'd like to create and cut a custom window. 

Then I kept thinking. . .  for Christmas I am planning to make some teacher ornaments using vinyl and clear glass ornaments. I think this box will be a PERFECT size to package a custom ornament in!

Check out more fabulous work from the Design Team here.


Comments

  1. dee this came out so awesome, i love the colors you used....hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment